Monday, April 29, 2013

{Makeup Monday} Parlo Cosmetics Review + Discount

Happy Monday to you all. We are at the last Monday in the month of April. Good grief the year is just flying by. Today I have a real treat for you. I have the honor of reviewing a home based beauty company. If you didn't know already I am big on supporting the Work at Home Moms.

A few weeks ago I linked up my blog in a linky party, hopped around and then came across Parlo and Logi. Then I came across her Parlo Cosmetics Etsy shop. BOOM! Then this happened. Chrissy and I have been emailing back and forth and she sent me a lovely package to review.



What is Parlo Cosmetics? A home based Mineral Makeup company. From one busy mom to another. Here is what Chrissy says about her product. "I try to use the most natural ingredients possible while still creating the best product. I will never include harsh chemicals, parabens, or questionable ingredients in my line. Basically, if I react to it, it isn't going to be sold. "

How did Parlo Cosmetics begin? "I started this business with the hopes of creating affordable and fun make-up. I wanted something that worked well with my acne prone skin that didn't sink into my pores and after a few years of formulating I found a recipe that works great for my skin and I hope other women love it too...I love that my little business allows me an outlet for creativity and a time away from my three little dudes, while still allowing me to stay at home with them without that "mom-guilt" that I'm not helping to provide."

Where can you find Parlo Cosmetics? http://www.etsy.com/shop/ParloCosmetics

Review:
Customer Service: Chrissy is a doll face! She is quick to respond to any questions. Very knowledgable about her product.

Price: Very affordable. Each shadow is $4.75 for a 10 gram jar.

Packaging: The product arrival was secure. Beautifully wrapped. The product it self everything was sealed. I received sample packaging and it was pretty nice quality for a sample. Chrissy also sent me a lip balm...I have never used an oval shaped chapstick tube...but I am gonna say I really love it. I love unique items...

Product: Very pretty colors. I can not wait to see what other pigments are in store for the future. Right now there are 17 to chose from. The mineral color is very fine, it almost reminds me of a fairy dust shimmer. My first application was with Urban Decay Eye Primer. I used Minx and Forever. I had a small fair amount of color show (gave a very natural look). Then I used Eye Primer and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk...with Under the Break. That did the trick. I would say these mineral pigments are best with a tacky bond (Color Tattoos, Eyeliner, or Mac Paint Pot.) Using the Nyx pencil really brought out the color and I was able to get more product on to create a look. * I didn't bother swatching the shadows because Etsy has a great swatch for viewing of each shadow*

Longevity: My shadow lasted all day. Towards the end of the day with about 7 hours wear I finally had some color wear off. Mind you I am at the sports complex most of my days...so I am subjected to weather wear as well.

Final Review: A- Well done. I would love to see maybe a primer of some sort to use with the pigments and more colors in the shadow family. The customer service is fabulous, packaging is well done, very affordable and wearable. If you are new to makeup...I think mineral pigments are the way to go to get you used to color.

Now the fun part...what did I get...

 
product used: Under the Break (Lid), Angel Eyes (Brow Bone and inner Tear Duct) 
and Rumor Has It (Crease)

This teal color is one of my favorite colors to wear in the summer...ok, maybe I wear it all year round. I just love it! I am excited to play with the mint color...M'lady. How would you wear the mint? I am thinking with Brown...

Remember to follow me on Instagram for more #beautyblogger hashtags and other randomness.

Now for the fun shopping part. So Chrissy so graciously offered YOU ALL A 20% discount to her Etsy Shop just for being a reader. Plus right now she is offering a free full sized shadow with any $10 purchase in her shop...seriously today is the day to start shopping. What a deal!

So for a super rad deal use "SHABBY" when checking out to recieve your
20% off your entire purchase!
Then come back and leave me a comment on what you ordered. I am excited to try some blushes!
 
Now for your Makeup Monday Link up Party.
 
Thank you to our amazing co-hostess this week! MUAH!
 
If you are not familiar with Makeup Monday. It is a fun link up party to share your beauty secrets, hauls, tutorials, Mani-Pedi's ANYTHING beauty related.
Think of it as a fun virtual slumber party where all we do is talk beauty...
Maria and myself have meet some amazing bloggers during this whole process.
That is what we want. New friends, new beauty knowledge and lots of color.
*can I just say...there have been some really amazing posts...and I have ran out to the store to purchase what you are using*
 
So to link up with us...all you need is a blog, or You Tube, Facebook, Instagram, Flicker or any other social media site that you share beauty bits on. Please remember to link up the specific post, not your entire account. I promise there will be another day for that.
 
RULES:
1. Link to a specific Blog Post, not your entire blog
If you do not have a blog, feel free to link to an instagram or flicker photo!
2. Please grab a button or link back to myself or Maria
3. Follow Agape Love Designs & Shabby Kitteh and your guest host
4.* Tweet about this linky using hashtag #MakeupMonday
Tag @mariagridley & @shabbykitteh
5. *Pin it!
*Not Mandatory but appreciated


ShabbyKitteh
 
 




6 comments:

  1. So awesome! Its always so fun to discover home based beauty companies! That's how I found My Beauty Addiction. :)

    These colors look gorgeous. Also, I had ordered lip balm from a home based shop on etsy, and they were oval too. and funny thing, I was just thinking about that yesterday (the oval shape) and how I like them a lot better than the round because they fit better to my lips. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. the balm has been my go to balm for the last week. It smells delicious!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! You are simply stunning and were absolutely awesome to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding...girl, thank you! I am honored!

      Delete
  3. I'm makeup illiterate... I'd be afraid of making a mess with the loose powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, honestly the loose powder is really easy to work with. If you use some sort of finishing spray...like ELF, spray on your brush before application it applies like regular shadows. Parlo Cosmetics has some really neutral colors that look great, hardly like you have anything on...a natural enhancer. Try Forever and Rumor Has it...if you are looking to try something. With Chrissy's discount code...it is a nice little deal! Thanks for reading today!

      Delete