Monday, April 8, 2013

Makeup Monday {Color Challenge} Hunger Games inspiried look

Welcome back beauties to our fun Makeup linky party. Hosted by myself and Maria with Agape Love Designs. If you have been hanging around for a bit now, you probably know that this is not your normal linky party. We offer fun challenges and step outside of the box when it comes to beauty related posts. It's fun right? We think so. When Maria and I were putting together this Linky Series one of the challenges we came up with was a "Color" Challenge. One specific color that you don't normally see people wearing as far as beauty items. We choose Orange. Neither one of us ever wear orange for our eye makeup so this was quite the challenge for us both.

When I think of orange, I think of the Hunger Games. Not this fat girl racing for a burger...but the Book/Movie. I see that mocking bird...girl on fire. So that was my inspiration for this look. Plus I showed some love to an old palette that I had thrown in my drawer. One that I used once and wasn't too impressed with it. I am all about second chances.


Palette Used: Sephora MoonShadow Baked Palette. Verdict: I STILL DON'T LIKE IT. The shadows are too powdery and it takes a lot to make the color pop...even with primer and a base.

How bout it? Are you ready to link up your color challenge or any other beauty related posts you have worked on. Old posts are welcomed. Remember if you do not have a blog...Instagram, Flicker, Facebook or any other media site you share on are welcome. Please remember to link up the specific post not your whole site.

To stay in the loop on all of our giveaways and challenges, I recommend signing up for our Makeup Monday newsletter. No spammy...x our hearts! You can do that HERE.

RULES:
1. Link to a specific Blog Post, not your entire blog
If you do not have a blog, feel free to link to an instagram or flicker photo!
2. Please grab a button or link back to Maria or I.
3. Follow Agape Love Designs & Shabby Kitteh
4.* Tweet about this linky using hashtag #MakeupMonday
Tag @mariagridley & @shabbykitteh
*Not Mandatory but appreciated
 

ShabbyKitteh




5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for inspiration! LOVE Hunger Games! Well for a palette that isn't that great, you sure rocked it. But Im definitely with you, I cant stand shadows that are thin and too powdery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you have all inspired me to pull out my orange shades thanks :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! I can not wait to see them!

      Delete
  3. That gold is gorgeous!! Love how it pops... great link up & post girl :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete