Tuesday, April 9, 2013

{DIY} Monogram Canvas Art

Last week I shared with you my Chevron Wall Art project. I also mentioned that I am working on a full wall in my home. Today I am sharing with you a piece that I made over the weekend to add to that wall.



This is such a totally easy DIY! I purchased my canvas at Michael's with my 40% off coupon. I paid a little over $6 for it. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the letter I wanted on card stock paper, all different sizes. Ranging from 5 inch to 1 inch. I used a pencil to trace around each "M" as I went. I arranged the M's in different positions to form the look of subway art. I threw in a few little hand drawn hearts in the empty gaps.

 

Using a fine tip paint brush I outlined all M's and filled in the space with black acrylic paint. This was the most part that was time consuming. But I enjoy projects like this. In the largest blank spot I put the year my husband and I were married. (using a silver permanent marker) There you have it...so simple and child can do it. Fact my daughter is painting one for her room.

I love looking at this piece on my statement wall. The best part was it was CHEAP. I was pricing wall art at the cheapest place I know to find home decor (ROSS) and all canvas art was still over $20 and wasn't personal....I like mine better.

2 comments:

  1. I wish my hand where steady enough for this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good paint brushes are key...there are spots were it was a little wavy for me too, but up on the wall...hardly noticable.

      Delete